Monday, September 23, 2013

Homosexuality/Self Identifying

If you've arrived here in search of a post that bashes one's choices in regards to sexuality, then you've come to the wrong place.

Today I watched a YouTube video of a homosexual man claiming to be harassed by kids on numerous occasions because of his appearance. He is wearing his hair in long braid extensions, tight fitting shirts and jeans and carries himself like a woman. We've all seen this "type". Which brings me to the topic of this post.

Should people "identify", are there different types of "gay".
I made a comment on his video stating that kids are confused by his appearance. They see this "man" (because he wears a mustache and beard he even states in the video "I'm a grown a** man") but they see the long hair and the feminine characteristics and they think it's funny or weird or have been taught hurtful things to say or may have overheard them being said.

Would it be easier if homosexual men that carry themselves like women shave the facial hair and wear concealer and identify as "women"
Same for women that carry themselves as men? Should they do what it takes to lessen the awkward stares and harassment?

I know some people go all the way through with the sex changes and others simply choose not to but it just seems easier to me to identify with one sex meaning Male or Female...

I'm sure people will Argue that it's more complex than that, but on the outside looking in I would say just choose and quit confusing these children....
But then there's a part of me that says "should they have to"? Why aren't they free to be who they are? Do they even know who they are?

It may in fact be more complicated than many of us think.....


No comments:

Post a Comment